CSG is now a platform with 6000+ members and CSG-Europe has started to bloom. Among the wide variety of information shared on the platform daily, I decided to bring you the opportunities to shape your future (of course, I know how you love to see them), help to deal with them and some refreshing foods for thought.
Time is ripe to attack the predatory science journals under the pretext of open access publishing, as researchers from Sussex carry out sting operation to expose 48 of them.
Director of IISER Thiruvananthapuram, Prof. V. Ramakrishnan faces scrutiny for plagiarism; many academicians had objections to his appointment in the first place.
While CSIR lost enough of tax-payers money in filing non-revenue generating patents, researchers from IIT-Madras suggest possible solutions.
The market always loves and grooms the ones with exciting ideas –
- Startup India brings free online extensive 4 weeks program for entrepreneurs to learn from the leading names in the country
- Falling Walls lab, an initiative by German Centre for Research and Innovation, New York is looking forward to hear your research/ entrepreneurial idea to sponsor your meeting with other bright minds in Berlin, Germany
- JoVE offers exciting prizes for filming equally exciting research work
- And do not miss the opportunity to get connected with the pioneers in biotechnology in New York via the GRO BioPharma conference on 5th April
Illumina takes Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) techniques to fisheries; promises its help in increasing fishing yield.
Grab the openings-
- PhD positions in IIT-Bombay to study climate change, at Gran Sasso Science Institute, L‘aquila, Italy for astrophysics, mathematics, computer science and urban studies
- Fulbright Student Fellowship applications open for master’s or doctoral degree
- Know about the industry research postdoctoral programs by Science Alliance; Novo Nordisk opens multiple postdoctoral positions for diabetes and metabolism research
- Postdoctoral position in analytical chemistry at Firmenich, Princeton, NJ and in immuno metabolism and immuno nutrition at Weill Cornell Medicine, NY
- Neuroscience group leader position at Bordeaux, France, application deadline 30th March
- Senior research scientist at AstraZeneca, Gothensburg, Sweden in the Reagents and Assay Development Department
- Senior Associate Scientist, Neurology and Immunology Dept, Biogen, Cambridge, MA, USA
- Relationship manager at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre
- Research associate at BERG Health, Boston, USA
- Licensing associate at Georgia Tech, Atlanta, USA
- Industrial Biotechnology innovation associate under H2020 SME Innovation Associate program at Braga, Portugal , deadline 30th April
- Project manager – Medical communications at Cambridge, England
- And for those who might enjoy working at a winery, E & J Gallo Winery, California, USA offers a senior statistician position
With this mighty a list of openings, chances are high one of them interests you. Get started with the application then. Here are some tips on excelling your postdoc application, writing the perfect resume and cover letter. We don’t want to take chances here!
About the author:
Somdatta Karak works with Club SciWri as a project co ordinator and Corporate Liaison. She is a doctorate in neuroscience from Georg August University, Göttingen, Germany and has been a Teach for India fellow (2014-16). She loves putting her analytical skills to build newer and more sustainable solutions, enjoys traveling and communicating and takes every opportunity to expand her horizon.
You can reach her here.